Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the closest beach access?
- Where is the trolley pick up?
- Can you bring a boat to the private dock?
- Can you swim in the sound?
- What amenities does Corolla Light offer?
The beach access is located about 350 yards from the home. There is no parking at the beach access so you must walk or drop off.
The trolley provides free transportation throughout the resort for Corolla Light guests and runs from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. There are 19 trolley stops with 2 large open air trolleys and one oceanfront trolley that run about every 25 minutes. Due to limited parking at the beach access, guests are encouraged to use the trolley. The trolley stop for Calypso is just a few houses either north or south.
No. Although there is a private dock at the house, Corolla Light does not allow any boats in the community. You can however bring kayaks.
Yes, you can swim in the sound but please keep in mind that the water is very shallow and is better suited for wading. Water shoes are recommended as the bottom of the sound is very muddy and soft.
Corolla Light offers many family friendly activities. Below is a list of amenities or click here to go to the Corolla Light website.
- 3 Community Pools and Baby pool
- Children's Playground
- Lighted full court and half court basketball courts
- Four lighted shuffleboard courts
- Lighted volleyball court
- Poolside gazebo and snack bar
- Soundfront pier and gazebo
- Nature trails, 5 lighted oceanfront walkways, Ecology walkway
- Fishing Pond
- Weekly Activities Calendar
- Sports Center with Indoor Pool
- Trolley pick up and drop off
- Tennis Courts (lessons offered)