Privates Cove Marina is located on the west side of Roanoke Sound in a sheltered basin about 10 miles inside and north of Oregon Inlet via a deepwater, well-marked channel. There is reported to be 10 feet of water in the channel and 13 feet at the docks. The docks are stationary with finger piers and tie-off pilings. The marina consists of over 194 slips and a charter dock of sportfish boats. It is one of the largest world class marinas on the East Coast with a high level of experienced charter sport fishing captains and crew. They offer:
- A fuel dock for non-ethanol gas and diesel
- Slips with in-slip fueling
- Private fish cleaning houses
- Ship's Store for light provisioning
- 5 Fishing Tournaments held annually
- Courtesy van during operation hours Pirate's Cove Marina is the home of the World's finest and most experienced charter fleet. 16 boats are available for Gulf Stream charter; 4 boats accommodate nearshore fishing trips, and 1 boat is for Inlet only, 4 people maximum. All other boats are based on a maximum of six people. Make-up parties may be right up your alley if you have a smaller group. The make-up system is available for all types of charters. The marina is also home to some of the most popular fishing tournaments on the Outer Banks.
- Small Fry Tournament – held annually around the 4th of July, the tournament is great family fun. There are two age categories: 3-8 and 9-15. Trophies are awarded in each category for the largest fish caught. Target species are spot, bluefish, trout and flounder.
- Carolina Boat Builders Tournament – held in July, the mission is the develop, encourage and promote public awareness of the historical and cultural heritage of boat building in Dare County.
- Alice Kelly Tournament – held the Sunday before the Billfish Tournament, this tournament gives the ladies a chance to show up the men. It is also a fundraiser event for the Outer Banks Cancer Support Group.
- Pirates Cove Billfish Tournament – this world class event held in August is home to the state record Blue Marlin caught weighing in at a whopping 1,228.5 pounds.