Outer Banks Insider Bi-Weekly #2
Welcome to the Outer Banks Insider Bi-Weekly Newsletter! Every other week we will add more tips, activities, recipes, etc. to help you plan the perfect Outer Banks Vacation. If you have Vacation Tips or Stories to share, please email them to email@example.com and we can use them in our next newsletter. We hope you enjoy these bi-weekly tips and information!
Money Saving Tip
- Register at each grocery store website for their Savings Cards so that you qualify for their reduced prices. Plus, it saves time by getting the card now instead of when you are here with your cart full of groceries.
- Food Lion - Located in Southern Shores, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head and Corolla (by Whalehead).
- Harris Teeter - Located in Southern Shores, Kill Devil Hills and Corolla (by Currituck Club).
FREE OBX Activity
- The Town of Duck Summer Concert Series is seven weeks of free concerts featuring some of the area's best known musical talent. Location of the concerts are at the Duck Town Park Gazebo Stage. Shows begin at 6:00 p.m. and are on Thursday evenings from June 28 through August 9. The current schedule of performances is (subject to change):
- June 28 - TBA
- July 5 - The Fantastic Shakers (Pop, Dance, Funk, Beach Music)
- July 12 - The Fuzz Band (Pop, Funk, Dance, Jazz)
- July 19 - TBA
- July 26 - TBA
- August 2 - The Kirsten Thien Band (Blues, Soul, Funk, Roots Rock)
- August 9 - TBA
Recipe of the Week
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
1 large clove garlic
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Whisk 1/3 cup of oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, fennel seeds, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a heavy-duty re-sealable plastic bag. Add the chicken and seal the bag. Massage the marinade into the chicken. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day, turning the chicken occasionally.
Meanwhile, blend the basil, garlic, lemon zest, remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a blender until smooth. Gradually blend in the remaining 1/3 cup oil. Season the basil sauce, to taste, with more salt and pepper, if desired.
Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat or preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to plates. Drizzle the basil sauce over and serve.
Ocean Atlantic Rentals - No need to pack the car full of beach items, baby items and bikes when you can rent them! Free Delivery on orders over $95.
4 Locations: Corolla, Duck, Kill Devil Hills, Hatteras Island