How to Plan the Most Romantic Beach Escape Ever
Idyllic scenery. Great escapes. Wild adventure. Epic love. These are the things that romance is made of. Do you want to whisk your loved one away to a romantic beach escape of the grandest proportions? But you may be wondering: How do I plan for the most romantic getaway ever? And what do I do to make it so? Let us help you.
We have the top three things you can do to make your dream of a beach escape a wonderful reality that's guaranteed to set your loved one's heart a flutter and ignite the flames of romance. It's easier than you think. Make sure you do these things while adding your own unique twist to each of these ideas, and you're well on your way to the most romantic beach escape ever.
1. Choose a beach destination that encourages romance.
- Choose somewhere less crowded. This is a time for reconnecting with your partner, spending some time together as a couple without too many distractions, and having a romantic adventure that focuses on your relationship. All of these things are easier to do when you're not fighting the crowds or dealing with too many interruptions along the way. These moments are yours to cherish together, don't let anything take away from that.
- Choose somewhere meaningful to you as a couple. Consider choosing a beach destination that holds good memories or has sentimental value to your partner or to your relationship. It just makes the romantic getaway even more special when your loved one knows you've taken time to choose a place that is meaningful and representative of something nostalgic or reminds them of happy times of days past.
- Choose somewhere with unique character and charm. Pick a place where you can explore your surroundings together and have plenty of options when it comes to going out on the town, dining together and planning activities to do together. Find a place with a rich history, a warmth and charm that's one-of-a-kind, offers opportunities to immerse yourself in the local culture and has some notable attractions or things to do while you're there.
- Capitalize on the natural beauty and use it to your advantage. We touched on this earlier but use the natural elements to your romantic advantage! Catch as many sunrises or sunsets as you can together, explore a walking trail or park together, plan a picnic lunch on the beach, or wade the Atlantic waters on a warm evening.
- Choose somewhere that allows you to customize and personalize your stay. Beach vacation rentals are the way to go when planning your amorous getaway. You'll be able to personalize your stay with the amenities that are important to you and your significant other. Choose a beach vacation rental with the right amenities that will help keep the romance alive right in the privacy of your own little love nest. Consider things like a balcony with sweeping waterfront views, a jacuzzi tub or hot tub to relax in, and a fireplace to snuggle up in front of together.
2. Add the element of surprise to your romantic escape.
It doesn't have to be a surprise beach trip (those get complicated and are hard to pull off anyway) but adding in the element of surprise at least once during your trip is recommended. It doesn't have to be anything too extravagant or complicated, but just something thoughtful and unexpected will work. We're all used to the regular routines of life, the day-to-day same old, same old. Make your beach escape the best it can be by shaking things up a bit. But how?
- Plan a secret outing or excursion that your significant other knows nothing about until it's time to go. Keep this one in your back pocket until the moment arrives. Plan something special and fully orchestrated by you to let your loved one know you took the time to really think ahead to make things remarkable and unforgettable.
- Add a suitcase surprise where you purchase something special for your trip and hide it in your loved one's bag to be found when you arrive. It doesn't have to be anything grand or expensive, but something meaningful and relative to your trip and time together. It's a really nice gesture that adds an extra special touch that will surely be remembered for a very long time.
- Arrange for special touches like fresh flowers, a box of chocolates, a small gift, or your favorite bottle of champagne chilled and ready for your arrival. You've already taken the time to choose a vacation rental with the best romantic amenities. Take it up another notch by adding surprise elements of love and thoughtfulness throughout your days away. Keep it fresh, keep it exciting, and keep your sweetheart wondering what will be next in your epic adventure.
3. Understand that big romance is in the small details.
The true test of the success of a romantic escape is what your partner takes away when it's all over. Creating abundant and cherished memories often happens in the collection of little moments that add up to the big romance you're in search of. Think back to when you first met and started dating. What did you do then to impress that perhaps you don't do now because the newness of the relationship has worn off? Bring back those things! They matter. They matter a lot. Here are few more suggestions of small things that translate into a big impact in the best of ways.
- Create a romantic ambience in your rental. Be bold. Be daring. Be ostentatious. Go out of your way each and every chance to make romance a priority throughout your escape. Sit closer to your loved one than you normally do. Be attentive to her needs. Take some time to really talk, and more importantly, to listen. Light some candles. Watch a romantic comedy together. Draw a bath. Light the fire.
- Plan an intimate night in where you plan and prepare a special meal for your loved one. Take advantage of one of your best vacation rental amenities: the kitchen. Choose a night where you dine in and you lovingly prepare your partner's favorite meal. It doesn't have to be fancy or gourmet. The fact that you've taken time aside to have an intimate night in where you're the chef for the evening is enough in and of itself.
- Arrange for a one-of-kind adventure specifically tailored to your significant other's likes and interests. Check out the local attractions and things to do and find a few things that your better half would really enjoy. Choose something new and exciting. Embark on an adventure together. Check off a bucket list item. Whatever you decide, make it memorable and totally unforgettable by remembering the small stuff that matters to your partner.
What other tips would you give to kindle the flames of romance during a couple's getaway? We'd love to hear your thoughts!