3 of the Best Ways to Spend Your Labor Day on the OBX
So, you're going to be on the Outer Banks of North Carolina this Labor Day holiday? Great! We're happy you can spend some time on our shoreline. As summer wraps up, we're sure you're want to make the best of the holiday weekend on the beach, right? Of course!
Let us help you by suggesting a few ideas that promise to make your OBX vacation the best it can be. Here are the top 3 ways to spend your Labor Day on the beautiful Outer Banks. We hope you get a little of all of them during your stay.
1. Get your Outer Banks beach fix.This is very necessary! Your Outer Banks beach fix is high priority. Soak up the sun, sand and surf as much as you can during your Labor Day beach vacation. Don't worry, though. It doesn't have to stop here. Keep the beach spirit alive by enjoying an endless summer on the OBX, even when the summer season has passed. Life is a beach here well beyond Labor Day.
Won't you come back? These fall Outer Banks vacation rental specials will entice you to return for more fun in the Carolina sun.
2. Maximize your R&R in your OBX vacation rental.It's a holiday weekend, so kick back and maximize your vacation potential. You're here to take full advantage of the chance to get some rest and relaxation while you're away from the everyday demands of life. Your Outer Banks vacation rental is a good place to start!
We give you permission to do all those things you wish you could do on every other day of your life. Go ahead and take that nap. Lounge on the hammock. Swim in the pool. Soak in the hot tub. Step out onto the deck and breathe in the salty breeze. Cook a special meal. Open that special bottle of wine. Snuggle up with your sweetie and just enjoy the quieter moments. Stay up late and sleep in the next day. Repeat as needed.
3. Attend a local event on the Outer Banks.It's Labor Day so of course there are some special events for you to enjoy. Go out on the town and get a taste of our local flavor.
Recommendations? We're so glad you asked. Try these!
- WRV Outer Banks Pro Surfing: Labor Day weekend on the OBX includes some smokin' swells and fierce competitors in the sport of surfing. August 31- September 4, 2016 are the WRV Outer Banks Pro dates, some come out and join in the action at Jenette's Pier in Nags Head. Hope to see you there.
- ZoSo, The Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience: Roanoke Island Festival Park in Manteo sets the stage for ZoSo's live concert performance at 7p.m on September 3, 2016. It's an immersion into a classic music experience, bringing you back to the haclyon days of Led Zeppelin and rock n' roll. And it's become a multi-generational experience, with crowds being filled with many younger fans between 16 and 25 that want to get that vaunted live Zeppelin experience. It makes for a great night out on the Outer Banks and one that won't soon be forgotten. Celebrate Labor Day on the OBX in true rock-n-roll style.
- OBX Arts & Crafts Festival: Head to the Hilton Garden Inn in Kitty Hawk for the OBX Arts & Crafts Festival on September 7 and 8, 2016. Hours are 10a.m. to 5p.m. and admission is totally free, as is the parking. This annual show features a superb variety of creations from 25 Outer Banks artists whose specialties include painting, pottery, jewelry, photography, basketry, glasswork, fiber and textile arts, collage, metalwork and more. Shop for yourself or buy some great gifts!
Of course, there are all of the usual Outer Banks attractions, things to do and activities that you can always find on our beaches and in our towns on any given day.
So, what are you going to do? Whatever you decide, we wish you a happy, relaxing and safe Labor Day holiday. Cheers!
How are you planning to spend your Labor Day weekend on the Outer Banks?