Palacio Del Sol FAQs
- Can I walk to the beach?
- Where is the closest beach access?
- Can I bring a boat?
- How deep is the water at the private dock?
- Can I swim in the sound?
- Does this home support wheelchair access?
- How many people can the dining area seat?
No. We do not advise walking to the beach as you would need to cross a 5-lane highway with no crosswalk. There are several beach accesses close by that can be used to access the beach.
There are several public beach access points within a 5 minute drive of the home and you do not need to pay for parking.
- Byrd Street (MP 1.5) - walkway to beach, parking, lifeguard and outside showers
- Luke Street - parking
- Eckner Street (MP 2.5) - parking and lifeguard
- Lillian Street - parking and outside showers
- Kitty Hawk Bathhouse (MP 4.5) - parking, outside showers, bathhouse and lifeguard
- Balchen Street - parking
Yes. Small boats are allowed at the home and can be launched into the sound at the private dock. However, the water is not very deep at the dock so be careful.
The water is only a couple feet deep around the private dock. It is great for kayaks or swimming.
Yes but please be advised that the bottom is mucky and you may want to wear water shoes. Also, it is more like a wading area as the water is not very deep. Great for small kids that just want to splash around in the water without the worry of waves.
This home does have an elevator but is not wheelchair friendly. There is no point to access the home without steps.
This home sleeps a large number of people but does not have the same amount of seating at the dining area table. Only 8 people can sit at the dining table with a few other areas that can be used like small outside tables and chairs.