- Where is the closest beach access?
- How far is the home from the Town of Duck?
- Where are the community tennis courts located?
- Is the beach lifeguarded?
- Is there a fee to bring my dog to the house?
- What amenities does Southern Shores offer?
The public beach access about 350 feet from the house. Turn right onto Hickory Trail and the access is at the end of the street.
The town of Duck is an easy 5 minute drive from the house. Enjoy free concerts on the lawn at the Duck Town Park, a stroll along the soundfront Boardwalk, shopping at the Waterfront Shops or Scarborough Faire or enjoy some of the best dining on the Outer Banks.
The community tennis courts are located at the south side of Hillcrest Drive. The courts are not lit for night play.
There is a lifeguard stand about a 1 1/2 miles south at Chicahauk Street.
Yes. There is an additional fee of $200 plus tax. This fee is non-refundable.
There are three soundside marinas, one with a boat launch. There is also a soundside wading beach which is great for small children off N. Dogwood Trail. At Sea Oats there is a children's playground and picnic tables, basketball half court, soccer field, and bike/walking paths.