Coucher Du Soleil FAQs
- Where is the beach access?
- Where is the closest grocery store?
- Can I bring a boat or kayak?
- Is there a church we can attend in Corolla?
- How deep is the water at the private dock?
- What amenities does Monteray Shores offer?
- What does Coucher Du Soleil mean?
The public beach access is just 2500 feet from the house. The access is an easy 5 minute drive across NC12 to the community of Whalehead. There is a public parking area on the corner of Bonito and Whalehead Dr.
There is a Food Lion grocery store 5 minutes from the house in Timbuck II Shopping center.
Yes, you can bring a boat or a kayak/canoe. Please keep in mind that there is no parking allowed on the streets or the grass so the boat must be parked in the driveway. There is a boat launch in Monteray Shores. There is also a private dock at the home.
You can attend church at the Corolla Chapel located on Corolla Village Rd. There are non-denominational services held every Sunday at 10 am. The next closest church is Duck Methodist Church located in the heart of Duck which is about a 20 minute drive from Corolla.
The water is pretty shallow at the dock. Depending on the weather it can be only a foot or two up to 4 feet.
The community offers many activities, both free and for a nominal fee, for children and adults. Be sure to check out the planned activities for the week you are planning your vacation. Click Here.
- Swimming Pool
- Biking and Hiking trails
- 2 Community piers for fishing and crabbing
- Children's Playground
- 3 Basketball courts
- Fitness Center/Gym
- Clubhouse with gaming area, X-Box, books and magazines
It means sunset. Also it is pronounced like (cu-shay do so-lay).