Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the beach access?
- What amenitie does Monteray Shores offer?
- Where is the closest grocery store?
- Is the house close to shops and restaurants?
- Is there a church we can attend in Corolla
The public beach access is just a short 5 minute drive to the public parking area located in the community of Whalehead which is on the east side of NC12 (Monteray Shores is on the west side of NC12). There is a public parking area on the corner of Whalehead Drive and Bonita.
The community offers many family activities. A calendar of events can be found here.
- Large Community Pool with Children's Pool
- Four Tennis Courts
- Playground with Pirate Ship
- Basketball Court and Half Court
- Game Room, Lounge Area with TV, DVD and Pool Table
- Fitness Rooms with Multi-Gym, Treadmills, Stairmaster and Free Weights
- Community Boat Ramp (small watercraft)
- Two Community Piers for Fishing and Crabbing
- Organized Activities from June 1 to Labor Day
- Bike and Jogging Trails Throughout
There is a Food Lion grocery store about 5 minutes from the house located in Timbuck II shopping center.
Yes. You can walk, ride a bike or drive to the shops in Timbuck II. There are many gift stores, restaurants and activities.
You can attend church at the Corolla Chapel located on Corolla Village Rd. There are non-denominational services held every Sunday at 10 am. The next closest church is Duck Methodist Church located in the heart of Duck which is about a 20 minute drive from Corolla.